- Linen - I use and love NYC Central Art Supplies House linen's especially DP 301!
- Boards - Rockler Wood Working Supply Baltic Birch
- Raw premium cotton canvas and belgian linens
- At times Claessens but usually NEVER - too slippery and it works with some things for me....
- Shellac cover matboard mounted to foam core
- gessoed Rives BFK printmaking paper.
- Williamsburg - Titanium Oil Primer
- Flake White to double prime an alkyd primer if seeking a certain effect....
- Acrylic polymer Gesso, with marble dust, pumice and chalk for boards only
- Sherwin Williams Alkyd Primer Professional Series to double coat - love the way it accepts paint! and the look as it dries
- Cad Red Lgiht
- Alizarin Crimson
- Cad Yellow Lemon and Deep
- Ultramarine Deep
- Naples Yellow (as dead grass modifier)
- Cobalt Blue very rarely
and Titanium White
Most of these paints are mostly being purchased through a great paint source I have recently found RGH Artist Oil Paints. Jars of really concentrated pigment paints!
I do buy tubes of Auxiliary colors that I add and subtract......
I am very much in search of a universal titanium white I can use at all times, it never works out! I am very found of LeFranc, Rembrandt (stiff), Flake White Replacement (I know most dont like this one...) and Utrecht White. I have put Leads to use yet and scarred about toxicity and such......
- M. Graham - Alkyd/Walnut medium
- Liquin for oiling out....
- Schmincke Mal Butter
- A traditional stand oil, OMS recipe works too....
- beeswax mediums
- Utrecht #209 Brights and Flats for size 2 to 12
- Robert Simmons Signet as well.
- Blick at times but the bristles release too often and I take good care of my brushes
I hope this helps on some fronts of the materials world for others looking in at times, I feel it helps to see other ideas as well!
Also to add I stretch, mount, panel build/cradle and make almost all my painting surfaces, I take pride in creating my works of art the materials and time put into them, I only wish I could have a huge run of space to prime my own linens, but that'll come later..... Sorry to rant but I like to with some info!